Brett epitomizes the adage: “There is a relationship between effort and success.” No one, no matter how gifted, plays baseball for a premier Division 1 college without investing tremendous effort.
Small in stature but enormous in his desire to win, Brett worked harder, put forth more effort, and exercised more discipline than more-gifted teammates. He simply out-hustled the competition. Brett was always the first to arrive and last to leave the gym, batting cage, and baseball diamond.
Today, Brett employs that same hallmark grit in his trial practice. He expends the effort to harness every detail to maximize his client’s success. Victories can often be found in the smallest details and, true to his history, Brett’s proven strategy is to win by outworking his adversaries. He is renowned for mastering the facts better than his opponents, working harder to learn the subtle nuances that can make the difference between victory and defeat. And Brett absolutely hates to lose.
Indeed, over the last decade, Brett has tried over 40 jury trials to verdict. That’s a hard-fought win rate that exceeds 90%. We can’t guarantee he’s going to win 90% of his future trials, but if indeed “the best predictor of future success is past success,” it wouldn’t be advisable to bet against Brett.
- J.D., magna cum laude, St. Thomas University School of Law
- B.S., Louisiana State University
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Dade County Bar Association, member
- Coral Gables Bar Association, member
- Federal Bar Association, member
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, member
- Florida Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars List, 2017 and 2018, Civil Litigation